In the first 7 days of MPP, MPP accounted for 5% of all opens. The total number of open events increased by 1.5%, which is within our normal range. However, unique opens increased by 6.5%. This is almost 2x the largest one-week increase in the number of unique opens we have seen in the last 6 months. Adoption increased steadily as the week progressed, but the rate of increase also decreased as the week progressed. Based on previous versions of iOS, we expect adoption to come in waves over the next 6-9 months as Apple recommends users download the new version of the operating system. Traditionally, the number of openings is highest between 6:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. PST.
Conversely, the number of MPP opens is highest between 6:00 PM and 11:00 PM PST. Observed impact of MPP on email providers Below is the percentage of opens generated by MPP by email provider. Although this is an Apple Mail feature and not a mailbox vendor specific feature, we observed significant differences in adoption between mailbox vendors. Apple job title email list domains such as icloud.com, me.com and mac.com showed the highest adoption in the first week, while adoption among gmail.com and outlook.com mailboxes is significantly lower. lower.MPP opens are significantly lower for Gmail and Microsoft mailbox users than for Yahoo! and Apple mailboxes. We believe this is primarily because Gmail and Microsoft users are less likely to connect their mailbox to the .
Apple Mail app than Yahoo! or iCloud users. This may be a demographic issue ( Gmail users are younger than Yahoo! Mail users ). Or, it could be related to technology. Maybe Microsoft and Gmail offer features that make setting up a mailbox with a third-party app like Apple Mail unnecessary. MPP impact observed on Apple domains (iCloud, Mac and Me.com) It makes sense that iCloud mailboxes are seeing significantly higher MPP adoption rates. People with iCloud mailboxes are more likely to be iPhone users, which makes them more likely to be Apple Mail users. This, in turn, makes them more likely to have MPP enabled. It is important to note that this is a correlative and not fortuitous relationship. Not all iCloud mailboxes will have MPP enabled. However, we expect MPP to be overrepresented among iCloud users.